La Habra, CA asked in Landlord - Tenant for California

Q: My landlord gave us a 60day notice of termination of tenancy.... we’ve lived here for 17years I just think 60days is not

Enough time....what happened if I can a place on time

Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Newport Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: 60 days is the minimum amount of time required by law. Your LL may not have told you that you are also entitled to a move out allowance equal to 30 day's rent since you were there more than one year. If you want more time, use that to negotiate, saying you will waive it if he gives you more time, but first see if you can find a place and move out in time to get the move out allowance.

Justia disclaimers below, incorporated herein.