Rosemead, CA asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for California

Q: Employer is seeking a deposition for an incident that happen when I was a minor during my hiring process.

Do I need to disclose the report?

Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You really have not disclosed sufficient information to allow for meaningful advice. Whether you were a minor at the time is of little relevance now. If the employer wants to take your deposition, the only thing you need to know is to tell the truth. To do that, you have to listen carefully to each question, and make sure you hear and understand each question before you answer. You never volunteer any information, and you only answer the question you are asked. Most questions can be answered with a simple yes or no; or I don't know, or I don't remember. No long winded answers and no story telling. Period.