Omaha, NE asked in Child Custody for Nebraska

Q: Q: My daughter in Oahu is trying to get full custody of her 3 daughters and wants to move back to Nebraska.

She has been in Hawaii for 12 yrs and very seldom gets to come back home. She is in a battle for full custody so she and the girls can move back with family. but they are asking her to do the unreasonable. Such as secure a high paying job, secure a home, make sure the schools have a high rating, etc. How can she do all this from Hawaii? She already has a job if she comes home but the court is saying the pay isn't good enough. She has a place to live also but they are arguing that the apartment isn't big enough. She has done everything they have asked but her lawyer said she is fighting a losing battle. We feel her ex husband and the court appear to be holding them hostage. Is there anything her family here on the mainland can do to help her?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: If her case is in Hawaii, she would need to consult with an attorney in Hawaii for what you can do to help improve the odds of winning her case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.