Lady Lake, FL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Florida

Q: can I win if I summit a motion for default?

I went to pre trial on march based on my motion for contempt and modified time sharing that i put in the courts against my son father and the judge told my son father at Pre trial that he have 20 days to respond back to my motion. its been over a month and he have not responded and it was ordered by the judge. can I win my motion for what I was asking for?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tami Lane Augen
Tami Lane Augen
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • West Palm Beach, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Motions do not typically require responses. However, a responsive motion or an Answer is required in response to a supplemental petition for modification. You may want to see if you can schedule another status conference with the judge. Additionally, if this was a pre-trial conference, there should be a trial scheduled. The trial may address both the pending motion as well as the Supplemental Petition for Modification of the timesharing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.