Irving, TX asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Domestic Violence for Texas

Q: I m a single mom,son's father, has extensive background/domestic+. Affected severely by stroke,filed for modification

The original court agreement required his son to supervise first third and fifth weekend of the month when my son turned three. His son agreed, however that has yet to happen and my son is now 6. They have maybe seen him 15 12 to 15 times in a period of 3 years now. So my son cries on the few times that he goes to see them, because he does not have a consistent relationship with them. I've asked them several times to be consistent at least two weekends out of the month it doesn't matter which ones. However, the only request I have due to is father's past anger issues and criminal / domestic violence records towards myself. And the fact that he has had stroke and was found unresponsive and still causes son by his other son's name very hard to understand, it has me in fear for my son's safety he was an alcoholic prior to the strokes. I have seen him recently drink beer since then and give money to a family member to get him liquor. It's a matter of safety and the well being of my child.

1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You can't control his behavior but you can ask your Family Law attorney if anything can be done to modify the custody arrangement.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.