Weehawken, NJ asked in Probate for New Jersey

Q: Where/How do I obtain a Verified Compliant/Order To Show Cause form to submit to Surrogate Court, Essex County NJ?

If Obtained can I file the compliant/order myself? Surrogate court does not provide the forms! A court clerk informed me that the forms are not available online. I still searched for hours to no avail. I don't qualify for low income legal assistance and can't afford $5,000+ to pay a lawyer to file it for me! All adult heirs received letters from the treasury to pay past due estate taxes because the executor has failed to do so! The executrix (my sister) has been guilty of Abuse Of Fidicuary Duties, as this has been going on for almost 5 years! Is Surrogate Court & Superior Court the same court system? Frustrated & Upset! Please help!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Morris Leo Greb
Morris Leo Greb
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Rockaway, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Although you have an absolute right to represent yourself in the Courts of NJ, my best advice is that you speak to an attorney, From reading between the lines of your question, I sense that the issues involved are sufficiently complex and, thus, require guidance in the complexity of probate litigation. In the end, the manner in which the matter is presented to the Court will result in the best possible way.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.