Norwalk, CA asked in Real Estate Law for New York

Q: How can a bequest to an heir be identified in letsonal.propertu ie share certificate and proprietary leases

My brother passed away and in his pour over will and family trust executed in CA states the personal property is bequeathed his sister. How do I go about transferring this name

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: I'm sorry for the loss of your brother. You could continue to await a response here in the Real Estate section, but you could also consider reposting in the Probate and Estate Planning categories. There's no guarantee all posts are picked up, but you might have better chances there. You mention that these instruments were executed in California - I do not work in this area of law, but it's possible you need the input of a California attorney there. Maybe if you reposted in Probate and Estate Planning in California as a starting point, an attorney with knowledge in these matters could hopefully pick up your question and direct you meaningfully. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.