Murfreesboro, TN asked in Traffic Tickets for Tennessee

Q: How should I plead to my speeding and failure to yield to blue lights ticket?

I recently received a speeding ticket for going 70 in a 55. I did not know the speed limit, as I had just turned down the street, so I was following traffic. The officer that pulled me over said that it was not his jurisdiction. When he pulled me over, he said that he was pulling me over for speeding. However, after he wrote the ticket, he told me that he cited me for failure to yield to blue lights. I yielded to the lights, however it was a split highway and I pulled over on the wrong side of the road. Is this an accurate charge for failure to yield to blue lights? How should I plead?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA

A: You should consult with a few traffic ticket lawyers in the area/jurisdiction you were pulled over and then hire the one with whom you are most comfortable. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.