Reseda, CA asked in Workers' Compensation for California

Q: I was working for a person they were late on my pay so they put in their credit information on my Phone to pay it

He didn't pay me in full when I was working with himand also didn't pay me my last check. the card was charged I didn't get to pay with cash but his card was charged 67 dollars when I called for an extension I guess they just charged me to the info he left logged in I tried canceling the payment but now he won't give me my last pay and is using this card transaction to say he shouldn't pay me the 820 dollars he owes me I'm.not sure if I can get in trouble I wasn't even aware the card was charged I was expecting my phone to get disconnected I don't know if I should do something or if I'm in legal trouble somehow need advice since he's holding my pay as well

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nancy J. Wallace
Nancy J. Wallace
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Grand Terrace, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: This is NOT a true 'workers compensation' matter, workers comp is for folks who fall of the ladder at work and need a back surgery. YOU have a Labor Law question, a WAGE CLAIM. Wage Claims go to the California Labor Board : That is before the LAbor Commissioner of the Division of Industrial Relations. (dont file anything at the workers comp appeals board, that's the wrong office.)

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.