Atlanta, GA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Georgia

Q: My sister said i can stay with her i don't want her to get arrested for harboring a "runaway" what can I do?

My father threatens to physically assault me constantly, I've never been enrolled in school, im scared I want to call the cops but I don't know if they'll take me away from them I was beat constantly as a child I am 16 now and I can't stay here anymore cps was called in the past but my father sent me over someone else's house and told them I didn't exist if he finds out I called the cops on him and they dismiss the case im scared that after they leave me he will beat me he threatened to sell me on the street for money

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael D. Birchmore
Michael D. Birchmore
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You should contact GA Department of Children Services (Child Protective Services) immediately and speak with an agent of the department and tell them your situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.