Houston, TX asked in DUI / DWI, Family Law and Child Custody for Texas

Q: My boyfriend is currently on probation for 3 dwi’s, can I stop him from getting unsupervised visits when our son is born

Boyfriend has a blower in car and continues to get drunk almost daily. He is now also smoking the CBD vape pens. The thought of him having unsupervised visits with our newborn in November terrifies me

1 Lawyer Answer
Sharita Blacknall
Sharita Blacknall
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: When the child is born you can file a suit affecting the parent-child relationship. That will allow you to get an order from the court regarding where the child will live, who the child will live with, visitation, child support, health insurance, and medical expenses not covered by insurance.

During that case, you can let the court know what your concerns are and ask for supervised visitation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.