Asked in Criminal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: How can I remove four year old harassment charges from my record?

I was falsely charged by my ex-wife for simple assault and harassment in Whitehall, PA on May 2017. I showed video evidence to an Attorney General because of which simple assault charge was dropped but I was still convicted for harassment. My acting lawyer at the time told me that it's like a parking ticket and the charges will dissapear from my record after two years. It's been four years now and I still see the charge on my record. How can I have this charge removed from my record? Please advice. Thankyou

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellis B. Klein
Ellis B. Klein
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Yardley, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: It is considered a summary offense and it would take five years before you’re eligible to have it expunged. It does not come off of your record automatically and you have to file a motion for expungement to get it sponge

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.