Aurora, CO asked in Traffic Tickets for Tennessee

Q: I was issued a citation for Using a hand held device while driving a Class A Commercial vehicle.

The vehicle information on the citation is wrong, he also did not check the proper boxes for commercial vehicle and the license plate number doesn't match the vehicle. I also explained to the officer I was only restarting my phone by pressing the power button since it froze and I use it for music over my radio. I was wondering with the inaccurate information if it can be dismissed without going to court.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: That was an admission to the crime. The Citation mistakes can be easily amended in Court. You might hire an attorney, but in any case, you will need to go to Court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.