Atlanta, GA asked in Criminal Law for Georgia

Q: If my ex girlfriend and her husband want to help me get my aggravated assault charge dismissed what should they do?

I was just charged with aggravated assault battery and elder abuse. The victims were my ex girlfriend who’s is 40 and her husband who is now 78. They both attacked me at once and wouldn’t let me leave the house the police came and arrested me they took pictures of her neck and pictures of her husbands eye he had a cut and it was bleeding. They took a picture of my hands that had no scrapes or cuts either. They took all our statesments and my ex lied giving her statement she was just mad at me that day and high on drugs and wanted me out they initiated the aggression first even though I’m bigger and much more stronger then them I was trying to leave with my stuff but she wouldn’t let me. This was 3 years ago and now we are very close all three of us and she wants to help me anyway she can she hasn’t spoken to the DA nor wants to. I have an attorney but I’m want to be sure I don’t do time for this. Is my case winnable?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA

A: Since you have an attorney, you should speak to your attorney about this, or perhaps just copy and paste your post on this site and send it to your attorney. He's representing you, and is responsible for planning your defense---the information you have posted is good information for him and he will know how to proceed and utilize the information you provided.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.