Brenham, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: Can Washingto County. Brenham Texas extend my probation or throw me in jail for not being able to pay my fines and fees?

Able to pay my fines and fees I was in safe for 9 months and county 2 months along with rehab BBCASA. Have been home 1 1/2 years. Father died 7 mo again am caretaker for mother all that time Are combined income is very low. Groceries bills phone cable electric etc. I contribute about 400 a month depending on month and also pay phone ,garbage groceries, rent, storage and more when needed. I am disabled as well.

Have served 5 years as of September for signing someone else's name to a non trespassing WARNING..

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: It sounds like the real question is, "Can my probation be revoked if I am indigent and my only violations are my failure to pay the fines and fees?"

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.