Steele, KY asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Divorce for Kentucky

Q: I have been married 17 years. I live at Fedscreek, KY so how long and how much would a divorce cost. We are 39 years old

We also have 3 kids and we all live with his mom. We have a double wide and we're fixing it up to live up there together but he doesn't want to leave his mom and be a man and pay bills so he won't even fix the water or bathroom up there. It's not livable where we are renovating and recently someone robbed us and took thousands of dollars in tools and decor. He won't even fix my car for me so I will have a car and the kids don't even want to be around him anymore and they used to love their dad. He is threatening to take the kids from me and there is no way I can let him raise the kids. They would be in hell living here without me. He needs mental help seriously. What do I need to do to get a divorce, custody of my kids and to make him help fix up our double wide and pay child support??? I don't want anything from him but for him to take care of his kids and stop blowing his money on drugs. Please help! I don't know what to do cause I have no money and no one who will help me.

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Impossible to say cost. Could be $1,000, could be 25,000. Depends on the amount of time necessary to get it resolved.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.