Knoxville, TN asked in Real Estate Law for Tennessee

Q: I agreed to purchase a property that I and my two siblings own.

My brother and I signed the closing documents provided by Tennessee Valley Title Company. She initially delayed signing the closing documents sighting vacation and then illness, not price. She is now saying she does not agree with the price. My husband and I now live on the property in an upstairs apartment. We are going to install new floors before using the main level. We purchased an $8900 mower and have been maintaining the property since March.

She is not an easy person to deal with, what can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Have you got a recorded Deed to the property where you have title? You may wish to hire an attorney to check your title, as apparently you are not sure what has occurred. If she conveyed her interest in the real property, and you own it, then you should not have to worry with her complaints.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.