Martin, TN asked in Civil Rights for Tennessee

Q: I was charged with a class a felony on a child custody case in which I'm not the parent or do I have any legal rights

I was charged with a class a felony on a child custody case in which I'm not the parent or do I have any legal rights to. I was arrested for a vouluntary drug test in which I was never given any results to or was I ever shown. I was mentioned in a child custody case in which I was never subpoena to court or anything.I was arrested but never given a copy of arrest warrant or anything.I hired a lawyer and the case was dismissed.I called my lawyer and asked for a copy of my file and all I got was a copy of my bail bonds paper and a affidavit of a compliant and that's it...The place in which I went and took the drug test refused to send me a copy of my results but they did release a copy to a third party in which I didn't authorize what so ever.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: If there is still time, hire an attorney to file a Government Tort Liability Act suit. It is a one year SOL, with no extensions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.