Wesley Chapel, FL asked in Civil Rights for Florida

Q: I'm a black man who white woman was pretending I was trying to harm her inside at her place of employment what can I do

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You have not given enough details to be sure, but it appears that this might be about criminal law, not civil rights. If so, you should confer with an attorney experienced in criminal law, ASAP.

Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If law enforcement has not contacted you, and you have not been served with court papers, there's nothing to do, unless you would like to complain to her employer. If law enforcement contacts you, say that you wish to hire an attorney before speaking to anyone, then consult a criminal defense attorney. If you are served with court papers, schedule a consultation with an attorney who handles civil litigation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.