Des Moines, IA asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Nebraska

Q: My son 8 told me his mom is manipulating him into hanging w/ affair partner/cousin he’s scared to go back what can I do

He doesn’t want to go back he has an older sister 14 who who this guy punched and their mother doesn’t care for because she chooses partner over kids

1 Lawyer Answer
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: If you believe a child in Nebraska is being abused or neglected, then you have a duty to report such to the Nebraska Child Abuse Hotline. Everyone is a mandatory reporter in Nebraska.

If you want to ask the Court to enter or change a custody order or parenting time, then you would need to file a custody action or for a modification of any existing order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.