Phoenix, AZ asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Arizona

Q: Can the respondent take me back to court after everything?

I was present at hearing they were not they didn’t file either but was present at mediation where judge told us date and time of hearing. Respondent claims they never received any emails or letters about our case and it’s also listed on the court website. Now respondent wants to take me back to court even though this has been going on since January, the child in question is also starting school next week so by the time the child is in school this will barley be starting. Judge also has matter under advisement currently but has stated in court I’m be granted what I asked for she just needs time to type it up.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen M Vincent
Stephen M Vincent
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: The Respondent has the right to ask the Court to excuse their absence or set aside the orders. Respondent will also have a chance to appeal. Though not impossible for the Respondent to win, they are very difficult to win.

Once the Court issues the orders, the orders cannot be modified for a year (with some exceptions) unless there's an emergency.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.