Redwood City, CA asked in Personal Injury and Business Law for California

Q: I need help suing a business that has been harassing me. Which area of law is it?

There is a business that is improperly treating the premises on which they work and disobeying simply given instructions and being evasive and uncooperative both in general and when trying to get a copy of the Terms of Use, client agreements, and other basic legal paperwork, and they refuse to answer phone calls and stonewall me by promising to get back to me later and diverting me. They have not acknowledged that I don’t know the contents of the basic legal paperwork and did not receive any acknowledgment, proof or confirmation that I previously read and understood or will read the foregoing important terms of use and similar papers. Often until recently they did not operate with basic important necessities of doing business like implementing job descriptions for employees at least in my case. Last year they learned I was obtaining a restraining order from the county court and paid for a lawyer to oppose me in the court room without informing me they were doing so. It goes on and on.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: you need a business litigation lawyer........

however, they normally don't handle cases like this on a contingency.............

soooo, you will have to come up with a retainer in all likelihood..

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.