Orlando, FL asked in Divorce for Florida

Q: My husband made me sign papers for divorce after he filled out what he was getting and what I was getting. He also empt

Out the joint account 2 months ago. Sole support for me last 6 years married 3. He had also took the breaker and thermostat so I had no air cond. And after a week gave it back. He makes 90+ per year and per his lawyer consultation to not help me out with bills . Shows ability to pay. I have messages saying that my endless funds are cut off.. Can he do that and not make any of my payments ? What do I need to do? Please help me. I have no tangible cash for anything. I am asking for help and advice as I am very quickly running out of time to respond to the court. Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You need to look for a local family lawyer that offers a free or low cost consultation as soon as possible.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.