Compton, CA asked in Family Law and Child Support for California

Q: Hello my name is Robert. I received a letter from the dmv saying my license will be suspended effective jan 23 2022.

I was laid off last year and just a month ago I just got another job and I'm behind on payments child support how can I get help for them not suspend my license because I need it for transportation to work. My other question is my ex open child support on 2009 in on 2012 my oldest daughter cane in live with me when she was 12 year-old and my mistake i didn't report it to the department of child support. What do you recommend to do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tobie Brina Waxman
Tobie Brina Waxman
  • Culver City, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: CSSD has a payback program so you can make payments on the arrears. You can also schedule a hearing for yourself on the issue of relief from getting your license suspended. I also recommend you seek a modification and for forgiveness of the debt incurred during the period your 12-year-old was living with you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.