Sacramento, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: My son is being charged with felony vandillism , the DA wants to give him 4's apparently for a cut gas line

And dent in tank on a 1980S run down dirt bike .

He was at work when the police came to question him..they said 9 months prior is when this apparently happened. And the accuser didn't call police till day later. That is also when pics were take. ( Anything could have been done to bike in that amount of time) He never did this..but my son dated this guy's girlfriend after him ..which is why the guys upset!! The two saposive witnesses well that's false too .the home where this supposedly happened that guy said never happened..the girl in question said she heard it from my son..not true.

My son works 5 to 6 days a week..then home to help his grandma..he never gets in trouble..he is liked by everyone.and would give u the shirt off his back. And sense going to court he has been given 3 diff attorney s..never a meeting or even 15 mins with any of them..the 15th is priliminary hearing. Oh they r saying damage is 2200..the need expert testimony from a state mechanic..not a made up estimate.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: much more info is needed.

i am assuming your son has a court-appointed attorney, most likely a public defender.

i would suggest he writes out all the things that happened and what he suspects and send to the lawyer....and ask for a one on one appt.

if he can't get it, then go to his supervisor......that will shake the trees.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.