Keota, OK asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: If a deal is not accepted are they likely to offer a new one if evidence shows the person didn’t commit all the crimes

The public defenders pi found some things that should help his case. The pi said he believes my boyfriend was way overcharged. But we can’t afford bail so he has been in jail 3 months. He is now considering taking a deal for something he did not do just to get out even though it is life changing deal especially for a dad.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more information needed.

this is a question that should be posed to his attorney.

s/he will have all the paperwork and court records and will have talked to the DA and or Judge about a sentence. That person is in the best position to answer this question.

Joseph Abrams agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.