Tullahoma, TN asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Civil Rights for California

Q: Can my wife take my kids with false accusations

My wife and mother in law have made false accusations of being unsafe with me and of me “shaking” my babies. I’ve been cleared because it never happed. And now is trying to get restraining order so they can take my twin babies to Washington DC. They’ve contacted help on their end so I’m reaching out for help. I’m a marine stationed in Palm Springs and don’t know what to do. I have proof that my wife doesn’t want my kids and that she basically doesn’t like them but have turned it around. I don’t know why this is happening because we had no problems in past. Her mother has brainwashed her and controlling her. I have no idea what to do. I need help to figure out my rights and what to do.

1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The answer will depend on where your wife and children are located, because that is where you will have to take your stand. I am not a family law lawyer, and am only licensed to practice in California.

You can start by asking for help from the JAG Office at your marine base. You might ask your company commander to help you with that referral. There are resources for active duty military to get the kind of help you need.

Find a local family law lawyer to advise you if you haven't done so already.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.