Q: Hi, I see I must keep this brief. Can a LEO order me inside my house on my property when not involved in anything.

Had to erase previous detailed explanation for lack of space. Will try to keep to pertinent details.

My son was followed few miles by officer who was attracted to expired plate. As soon turns into my driveway where son lives officer stops him in street right at driveway. Son texts me in trouble to come outside. I come out walk down drive in very non threatening manner. Officer orders me back inside house. I said once “ sir I’m on my property just going to talk with son”. He again orders me back inside and I go back up without word. Jist is son had small amount of weed in car. A few joints worth and one piece pot paraphernalia. Son confessed and handed these to officer and gave consent to search car. Had I been allowed to approach son in car without ever stepping off my own property I would have told him not to confess or consent to search. Did officer have a legal right to force me to retreat on my own property where I had did nothing wrong and was not involved and non thr