Atlanta, GA asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Georgia

Q: How do I find a pro bono lawyer for my custody case?!?! CAMDEN COUNTY, GA. I need help!!

I am starting to panic. I have exhausted every option, and I’m running out of time! My lawyer quit at the same time that my dad was in ICU for almost a month, I had a baby, my Aunt was hospitalized with COVID, my baby sister got married.... it was all so much at once.

My ex and I came to an agreement on custody and he’s changed his mind.... Now we’re scheduled for court this Thursday and I have no lawyer and no money for a lawyer. He’s saying he’s asking for full custody!! He completely abandoned his daughter almost 2 years ago (not so much as a single phone call) & now he wants full custody of mine!

I’m desperate for help to make sure he doesn’t get full custody! My baby boy is my whole world!!

I can do a payment plan... but I have 2 kids. no financial help and I just got back to work from childbirth.... i don’t know where else to turn.. i have googled and called... his lawyer won’t respond to any emails or phone calls. I’m just at a loss..

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I’m sorry to hear you are going through a rough time. You can try contacting Legal Aid to see if you qualify for their assistance. Additionally, you can call the state bar to inquire about any pro bono attorneys in your area. Plus, most attorneys do take credit cards, which may make it easier for you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.