Snellville, GA asked in Divorce and Family Law for Georgia

Q: My husband bugged the house and has been watching me because he thinks I am cheating and I am not, is this legal?

I want a divorce because I am tired of him mistreating me. He is emotionally abusive and has been physically abusive in front of our daughter and he has a pending case against him that I tried to get dropped because he kept asking me to. I just want out of this marriage and to move on with my daughter but he threatens me and throws tantrums in order to get his way. It is very draining and I honestly can't deal with it any longer. I don't have any money because he has been the breadwinner for the last 7 years and does not want me to work.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You should work with an attorney who can help you with the proper course of action to move forward with the divorce. You may be able to get alimony, as well as child support. Consult with an attorney as soon as you can so this can be addressed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.