Kingsport, TN asked in Traffic Tickets for Tennessee

Q: Handed a ticket and the officer says there is no court date.and then I get a failure to appear

I had a tickett and there is no court date and I call the dep records and the lady sed she saw that I called to see when my court date was.i never did.i called to see whear to go show my license because I didn't have a court date the officer told me to go to the clerks office and show I had a valid d license and they would prob dismiss all but maby I haft to pay for the speeding. and they sed they were closed due to covid to come in next week and bring my id .so I had car trouble and never made it down time passed and I received a notice of suspencion.but never received a letter from the clearks office about the matter at I call back sep 27.and ask for the cleark dep and the woman says she is the one I talked to and she rescheduled my the lady in Hargett of dep records is also the court clerk.because when I call rd records the woman sed the clerk was out to lunch.and why the officer told me this is not a court date .to just take my license to clearks office.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Nothing you have stated makes any sense. Hire a competent lawyer to represent you today. If you do not satisfy the Rule of the Road violation, your license will be suspended. Obviously you do not understand what is going on.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.