Redding, CA asked in Child Custody for California

Q: Question about custody

I have joint custody of my 2 kids we are not going bye the court order we agreed kids can choose where they want to live so the 8 year old lives with me the 11 year old lives with her I moved to redding 1 year ago my 8 year old has been enrolled in school here on medical here in shasta county doing great in school now there mom wants to go bye the court order which is impossible beings I live 2 hrs away the court order says I get them 4 day a week she gets 3 days a week then she gets 4 days a week I get 3 and so on I want full custody of abby and aiden aiden is not in a good place with his mom she is horrible please any advice there's so much more I want to say but not enough room

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tobie Brina Waxman
Tobie Brina Waxman
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Culver City, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: File a request for order for modification of your existing orders.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.