San Bernardino, CA asked in Criminal Law and Gov & Administrative Law for California

Q: How to file a law suit against a police dept or officer.

Spd came to my home searching for large amounts drugs .all they found was small personal use and a pipe.however they went in my safe and took a big amount of cash I had just received for stimulus and law suit payment.,when I ask them how do I get my cash back they said.(you become a ci)and get it back when you make 2 buy and we make and arrest.

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info is needed

the best advice I could give you is to make an appointment with a local criminal lawyer for a free consultation.

i would have suggested that BEFORE working with the police.

i would also suggest you not discuss things like this on an open forum

you need more than a brief amount of time to analyze/evaluable the case and the lawyer to be in front of you asking questions

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.