Detroit, MI asked in Real Estate Law, Tax Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Ohio

Q: Wtf does this mean

So I quit claim deed was given to me 7 years ago and I've been going through a divorce for almost that amount of time and it was just finalized a week ago Thursday and I went to file and paid the convenience fees and the recording fees but something wasn't on the deed a number I can't remember exactly what it was but anyway I was told by the auditor that the deed had to be redone but the owner has passed away. She passed away in 2015 I have tried to reach out to the executor and have not gotten a response. Owner had two condos one of which a grandson has but the other has been sitting empty for six plus years. After I paid the conveyance and recording fee I was told that I needed to come back and get my money and it had to go through probate court and I should contact a lawyer because it's a complex case but I thought it was all said and done and all my stuff is in the property and they're telling me I can't have it back. Also there are live animals in the property two turtles and two

1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew Popp
Andrew Popp
  • Cuyahoga Falls, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: You need to sit down with an attorney in your area so he or she can take a detailed look at your situation. This issue is going to be to involved for an answer on this forum.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.