Chenoa, IL asked in Traffic Tickets for Illinois

Q: Am I at risk of losing my license?

I’m 18, got my license when I was 16, and recently received two speeding tickets within the span of 2-3 weeks. One was for going 83 in a 55 and the other was for going 42 in a 30. I payed the minor violation ticket so that is currently on my record. I’m set to appear in court this week for the major ticket. Will there be a way for me to get the major offense off my record so that I don’t lose my license?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Theodore J. Harvatin
Theodore J. Harvatin
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Springfield, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: You have options. Ask for supervisor on the major one. File a motion to vacate the conviction on the minor one and convert to supervision. Supervision on both is best.

Best move is hire a lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.