Winchester, KY asked in Criminal Law for Kentucky

Q: I have a sister that I let stay with me on false pretenses, I have ask her to leave and she won't leave . Can I put her

She has tried to get her mail sent here and I stopped it. She said she could cry sqatters law but she hasn't been here but 2 wks 3 at best. She done this the last place she stayed at also. She is trouble that's why the family won't help her. Tell me if I can sit her clothes out while she's gone and call the police if there's any trouble. I just need to know what I can do. She had one thing in the mail before I could stop ít. She is also on probation for violating a epo twice so she is not afraid of the law or cares what they say.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Safest method is to give her written notice to leave and then file an eviction if she doesn’t vacate.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.