Winchester, CA asked in Estate Planning for California

Q: Hi I have an Estate Question, My Sister n law is trying to sell Her Mothers home (My Mother n law) I’m the Widow of

The Son, We have to Adult Children, who she is trying to exclude, She is trying to do a quick cash sale, but I found out that the Mother has it in Trust; and now the My sister n law is asking me for My Deceased Husbands Death Certificate , and She is trying to deem My Mother n Law incapacitated, is there anything I can do To find out if My Husband was a Beneficiary?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Julie King
Julie King
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Monterey, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The trustee is required to send written notice to all beneficiaries and heirs by law, so you may receive a copy that way. If you have children, they will definitely be sent a notice saying they have a right to get a copy of the trust — assuming the trustee knows the legal requirements. If you need assistance, contact a lawyer near you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.