Buffalo, NY asked in Real Estate Law for New York

Q: Do I have a case against previous homeowner for NOT disclosing an invasive species of plant taking over our yard?

We did a walk through on the house in late October, placed a bid that was accepted and, closed in December and then in the spring these plants started growing all over the yard, we discovered what they are (Japanese knot wood) and found out that they are very invasive and can eventually cause problems with the foundation. This information was NOT disclosed to us before we closed and I am just curious as to see if this is something that is supposed to be disclosed or if I’m just out of luck?