Asked in Car Accidents and Government Contracts

Q: MVA student of government grant program was just removed from program due to accident and modifications the school has

Said I could return but will not be paid for placement also told me what to put in the email saying I will agree to not be paid for my placement if they allow me to return once well I will be working 300 hours for free while everyone else is paid I am not returning as of now as my care provider has given me restrictions the accident was not my fault the other driver reversed her car right into mine causing enough damage that my car is a write off I do have video so between the accident and school I think I need advice

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: In terms of the car, if there were no injuries, it would be handled as a property damage claim. How that is handled could depend on available insurance coverage. If there is coverage under your policy, it could be handled by your carrier. If not, it could be handled through the insurance carrier of the other vehicle. A state or region is not indicated here, but you could discuss with an attorney in the state where this occurred to determine the best course of action, based on the level of damages, scope of your policy, deductibles, and other factors. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.