Atlanta, GA asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Child Custody and Civil Rights for Georgia

Q: What would I do if my child was taking not from my care but from father's care? And we have joint custody.

Contacted me or told me they took my 4 yr. Old. I haven't seen my son in 6 months he wondering where mom is they would even let me have a visit nothing and it's my child????

1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Who is they? Who took your child? Did you contact them to see why and how you can get him back? You should consult with an attorney right away who can review the facts of the case in detail and help you with the proper course of action.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.