Asked in Traffic Tickets for Tennessee

Q: Can a wrong birthday on speeding ticket be dismissed?

In the country side north of Nashville, doing 55 around a bend, it’s foggy; cop goes past us. I slowed down even more. He turned around and followed me from about 30 yards back for a mile and a half. When he pulled us over he was being an A$$ about where we were and I even showed him on my navigation (it was directing me) I knew where I was. He then proceeded to write I was doing 70 in a 45 and then lost my girlfriends license since he requested to see my passengers. On the ticket he proceeded to incorrectly write my birthday. In Oregon (where I’m from) that’s grounds to dismiss a ticket (wrong birthday). Can I contest and do the same since he messed up my birthday?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: General Sessions is not a Court of record, so amending the Citation is easy. You will need to appear in Court in a respectful fashion, and possibly hire a TN attorney. Sending in the Citation with money is a Conviction worth 4 points on a TN MVR, which will mailed to OR.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.