Westminster, CA asked in Civil Rights for California

Q: "proof of Vax or talk to manager re.medical reasons why you refused. Either way still refused service to me.I'm disabled

I was recently in Palm Springs for a week , and my boyfriend and I went to a restaurant next to the hotel. This restaurant had a sign on the door saying proof of vaccination unless you talk to a manager.. well no we're not vaxed. I suffer from ptsd and sever depression and under Dr care and we told them this .they stil told us we couldn't eat without proof of Vax. We left and read the door and went back in asked for a manager, and still said we couldn't eat there. I was sad and don't feel like I was treated fairly. We even reminded them about the door.. I don't know but I think they were wrong. And I have a picture of the sign on their door. Do I have a case?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: No you don't have a case. This is a health issue, and restaurants can refuse to expose their employees to people who refuse to be vaccinated.

Remember when we were kids? We had to get vaccinated to attend school. It's no different now.

Coronavirus is still killing thousands of people, has already killed more than 700,000 Americans, and some countries in Europe are seeing an explosion of new cases among the unvaccinated. Where ever you look, the only people getting sick and dying are the unvaccinated. There is an airborne pathogen out there that is killing people all over the world. The only protection you can get is a vaccination, to protect yourself and your loved ones.

Get the vaccination and eat where ever you want. Don't get vaccinated and businesses all over California can discriminate against you and there's nothing you can do about it, legally that is.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.