Slidell, LA asked in Criminal Law for Louisiana

Q: What is the best way for me to look up and research a full case?

The case dates back to 1993, but had many continuances. I was able to find the basic details, but I am looking for something more in depth. I am also looking for a date when the convicted was released from prison.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Depending on how much depth you are seeking, the best way to do this might be to go to the court house and ask to review the paper file. As for prison release date of someone, again it might depend on how long ago, but you can either start online with Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections and/or call them and see what information they can provide. If the person was in federal prison, then you need to find the federal equivalent of this. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.