Asked in Traffic Tickets for Tennessee

Q: I got pulled over the officer said I was going 97 in a 70 and wrote me a ticket.

First of all I was not going 97 but the only proof I have is mine and my husband's word I had just left a rest stop and pulled out on the highway behind 2 diesel trucks going 67 mph I had finger on my cruise control button waiting to get up to 70 to push it

The cop made several mistakes on the ticket misspelling my name putting that I was involved and not involved in an accident and putting my court date for almost a year ago. I've called several times but he hasn't filed the ticket yet what should I do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Hire an attorney to represent you. Apparently you do not know when Court is, and definitely need someone's help. A conviction would be several points on your MVR. Some type of diversion or a 4 mph over might be available.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.