Menifee, CA asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Personal Injury for California

Q: Attorney Misconduct? Or Discrimination? Maybe intimidation? Is there anything I can do?

I don't have an attorney, but the opposing party does. He came up to me and made fun of my disability by calling me Ray Charles. Along with this he was speaking to my witness directly and he also told her that because I'm blind Im a liar and cannot testify my story. He also started blasting the song "Wanksta" by 50 cent in court hallway staring me and my witness down trying to intimidate us.

What can I do? I feel discriminated against and also my witness feels harassed

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: More info is needed.

You said the attorney opposing you.

Does that mean you had an attorney?

If so ask him/her for advice as they know the facts the best.

Once thing you can do is contact the State Bar of California.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.