Albany, NY asked in Family Law for New York

Q: Can my daughter be removed by cps with out court being involved?

I truly need help .. I know my rights have been violated.. please point me in a good direction

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kellisia Jocintha Hazlewood
Kellisia Jocintha Hazlewood
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Yes, your child can be removed by ACS without court involvement. ACS has emergency removal powers that allows the agency to use its own discretion to remove children even before a case is brought to court. The case should then be filed in court in a few days.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.