Phoenix, AZ asked in Family Law for Arizona

Q: If a parent brought a letter supposedly written by their child stating that the other patent touched her inappropriately

And the matter is closed and judge states it was merit less. Can the falsely accused parent accuse the other parent and ask for more or full custody?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mike Branum
Mike Branum
  • Saint George, UT
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Can you? More than likely. Should you? Probably not unless you have specific evidence of why the other parent is not a fit parent. Unfortunately, many adults completely lack the ability to co-parent. Hopefully since the other parent's accusations were found to be meritless, the other parent will stop their shenanigans and the two of you can focus on doing your best to produce a well-adjusted young adult out of your child. Energy spent fighting amongst yourselves would be much better expended striving to successfully co-parent.

Angela Duhon Esq. agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.