Las Vegas, NV asked in Divorce for Nevada

Q: Me & my now ex wife , had filed for divorce. We agreed on each person keeping their own stuff , we did not do 50/50 on

anything. The divorce status says case is closed. She is now saying she is going to sue me/change divorce because I recently sold my house & she wants money from that . Is she able to sue me or do that ? (Also I bought the house 4 years before we got married)

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bonnie M Lonardo
Bonnie M Lonardo
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: Once the divorce has been finalized and the notice of entry of Decree has been filed your divorce is final and the parties are bound by the Orders in the Decree.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.