San Antonio, TX asked in Real Estate Law for Texas

Q: Thank You, She refuses to show me the Will and it is not registered at the courthouse. I’m trying to prepare.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: I believe this is the 2nd part of an earlier question.

If so, you can force her hand by sending her a certified letter demanding the Will. Like I said earlier, even if it does give 1/2 to her, you get to live in the house until you pass-away, or get re-married.

It sounds like she is not a nice person or has a serious problem with you. If it seems like too much for you to handle. Call my office or another attorney so you can get answers and live in peace at your home.

BTW there is no requirement for filing a Will once it is executed or signed.

If she did file it with the court since your husband died, then she would have to send you notice and a copy of the Will. There is nothing she can do to you without going to court, and serving you with papers.

Good Luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.