Asked in Divorce for Georgia

Q: Which way do i need to self file my divorce?

I live in ga. Spouse is incarcerated in kentucky. Have 3 minor children. Separated in 2015 during which time kids were placed under guardianship of friend. Husband has agreed to file uncontested and has had zero contact with kids since separation. Do i file uncontested without kids given the fact they are not under either parties guardianship and have not been since separation? There is no property, assets, nor debts to be divided. Nor custody or visitation rights. Or do i file uncontested with minors.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You should consult with an attorney who can review the facts of the case in detail and help you move forward. Since he is incarcerated it should not be a complicated case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.